Product Spotlight: Our Savory Chicken Salt Blend
Brimming with bold flavor, our Chicken Salt Blend is the seasoning you need. Like, right now.
Originating in Australia— where they use it as a default seasoning for fast food fries— chicken salt is renowned for its savory taste. While some varieties contain actual chicken (yes, seriously), our version contains a plethora of delicious spices. Think: parsley, red bell pepper, chipotle pepper flakes, and cumin. You get the idea.
Moreover, chicken salt is also known for its umami flavor, which, if you didn’t already know, is our fifth basic taste. The other four are: sour, sweet, bitter, and salty. In the early 20th century, Japanese scientists discovered this fifth flavor and named it “umami,” which translates to “savory.”
Uses for chicken salt are infinite, to say the least. That said, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- – Rim a cocktail glass with it and elevate your Bloody Mary or margarita.
- – Sprinkle some on vegetables to give them some irresistible flavor (the kids will love it, too!).
- – Toss some in a flour mixture for some finger-lickin’ good fried chicken.
- – Coat your chicken wings in some for some seriously addicting flavor.
- – Channel your inner Australian and sprinkle some on french fries.
- – Use it as a seasoning for homemade potato chips. Store-bought ones work as well.
- – Upgrade your next chicken marinade with it.
- – And finally, add some to your popcorn– just trust us on this one.