Szechuan Ginger Salt Spice Blend
- 2tablespoons dry sherry
- 1½tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- 1tablespoon “Szechuan ginger salt” spice blend
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- ½ cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1teaspoon sugar
Mix ginger, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, “Szechuan ginger salt” spice blend and sugar in a pan and warm to near boiling.
Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the soy mixture. Stir until thickened.